Monday, November 19, 2018

Alice Dippleblack The Rewrite Begins


I've decided to begin my rewrite of Alice Dippleblack starting with The Jellybane. As my very first novel, I know it isn't great, but think, given the chance, the story and characters are still worth the love. And, after writing six other novels since, I at least like to think I've gotten a little better at the craft.

I'd have, and absolutely still will, appreciate a bit more feedback on it so I have a better idea of what to keep, what needs to go, and what folks want more of, but I understand everyone is busy and will do my best with what I have.

My goals with the rewrite are to produce the same basic story but, hopefully, with better writing. I also plan reduce the number of actual books in the series by maybe putting two books together, so the first will be The Jellybane and On The Run. We'll see how that goes.

As for Betwix, I'll have to leave that on the back burner for a little bit. I know so many will be devastated (sarcasm).

I plan to do as I have been, giving early access to supporters as I work. Feedback will be great and gives you the chance to be part of the adventure!

https://www.patreon.com/kjbailey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment